Regent Seven Seas Cruises has partnered with Artful Travelers and PBS stations across America to bring guests this specially-curated onboard program that celebrates the very best of public broadcasting aboard the Ancient Civilizations itinerary.
The 21-night voyage begins in Istanbul, transits the fascinating Suez Canal, travels to some of the world’s most historically rich ports, including Jerusalem, Aqaba and Luxor – and disembarks in the modern metropolis of Dubai. With a special focus on the arts and documentary filmmaking, this sailing will feature personalities at the very top of their chosen professions: revered journalists, Tony-nominated stage stars and a screening of the acclaimed work “Walt Disney” from PBS’ flagship history series American Experience, airing this fall on PBS stations across America.
Guests will indulge in enlightening and intimate travel experiences including seminars, Q&A sessions, panel discussions, dinners, and receptions with producers and performers, while enjoying the all-inclusive luxury of Seven Seas Voyager®.
Scheduled guests include…
- Sarah Colt, an award-winning director, writer and producer (American Experience’s Walt Disney)
- Christine Andreas, a Tony Award-nominated singer and actress (La Cage Aux Folles, The Scarlet Pimpernel)
- Martin Silversti, a Grammy Award-nominated producer, musician and songwriter
- Bill Gardner , the Vice President, Programming and Development for PBS
- Lois Vossen, the Founding and Executive Producer of Independent Lens
- Geeta Patel, an acclaimed writer and producer (Meet the Patels, The Fast and the Furious)
- Sue Jaye Johnson, a Peabody Award-winning journalist and producer (T-REX)
- Joe Richman, a Peabody Award-winning producer and reporter and the founder of Radio Diaries
- Zack Canepari, a documentary filmmaker and photographer (T-REX)
The Ancient Civilizations voyage departs Istanbul on October 31, 2015 and crosses the Suez Canal before arriving in Dubai after 21 glorious nights. In addition to the onboard programming, guests in all suite categories will receive FREE Business Class Air, up to 39 FREE Shore Excursions, and Early Booking Savings up to $8,100 per person.